Friday, July 21, 2023

Poem: Pigment

 


(Text for screen readers)


Title: Pigments

I am a blank page
A canvas primed for color

A bit of dye here
Some lipstick there

Some shiny piercings
uneven cuts of hair

They say it's self destructive 
That I'm tearing myself apart

If this is so 
then I embrace 
this beautiful vice

Maybe I am tearing myself apart
For destruction and creation
Go hand in pigment stained hand

Another color here
Some eyeshadow there

A little tattoo
And the long tendrils of my hair
Cast to the floor

I remake myself
I wither then
I rebuild myself

Not the most beautiful art
But at least I'm still painting


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: Brave

  Text for screen readers   title:  Brave I wish i was brave I wish words didn't barb my throat I wish they didn't scratch and scrap...