Monday, November 6, 2023

Poem: Not a Poet

 


Text for screen readers: 


Title: Not a Poet


I'm a better writer 
Then I am a poet

When I write stories
My destination is clear in my mind
The words eb and flow like the waves
An adventure I navigate by stars

With poetry 
The words hop and skip 
Like fish in the water
I try to spear them like an island castaway
Starved for their meaning

When I write stories
I discover hidden secrets about myself
An archeologist of hidden truths

With poetry
I'm a toddler trying to shove 
a square shaped truth
Into a round hole, ever frustrated 

And yet I keep trying
Collecting my truths in a collage of words
Trying to piece together art
Trying to piece together meaning


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: Brave

  Text for screen readers   title:  Brave I wish i was brave I wish words didn't barb my throat I wish they didn't scratch and scrap...